Quality Childcare Educators are Always Needed!
A Childcare Educator is responsible for the safety, health, and well-being of all children in care. Daily routines include opportunities for children to grow and develop physically, socially, intellectually, creatively and emotionally. All children and families will be treated equally, regardless or race, ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age, mental limitation or physical ability.
Becoming a Childcare Educator with Parkland Family Dayhome Agency means you are a self-employed, contracted individual offering childcare in your own home. You are committed to creating an environment that promotes optimum development in children. You are guided by the criteria outlined in the Government of Alberta Family Dayhome Standards Manual.
How Does Parkland Dayhome Agency Support Childcare Educators?
· Connect with families and refer them to Childcare Educators
· Collect childcare fee payments from enrolled Families
· Guarantee income for actual days worked
· Issue monthly government funding incentives
· Assist Educators in achieving Childcare Educator Level 1 Certification*
· Deliver, support, and mentor through experienced, qualified Early Childhood Consultants
· Provide ongoing training, educational opportunities and workshops
· Resources, Newsletters, Planning ideas and Programming suggestions
· Offer ideas, solutions and strategies to promote positive child guidance and development
· Mediate with supportive, conflict resolutions
· Arrange for liability insurance though the Agency’s Group Policy
· Coordinate back-up care through our network of approved Childcare Educators
*For more information about Certification for Early Childhood Educators,
click this link.
How Do I Become a Childcare Educator?
Potential Childcare Educators are encouraged to contact the Agency office to schedule an interview with an Early Childhood Consultant. Successful candidates will be given an application package containing the documents needed to begin the approval process. Many applicants are well-suited to operating a Childcare Program in their home and eager to operate within the parameters set by the Province. However, this option is not always a good fit for all who apply.
Potential Childcare Educator Applications are always appreciated and all are considered for processing. Those applicants deemed suitable will be contacted to proceed further with the approval process.
Your Initial Application Will Include:
· Childcare Educator Application Form
· RCMP Criminal Checks (including Vulnerable Sector) for all residents of the home who are 18 years of age or older
· Childcare Intervention Record Checks for all residents of the home who are 18 years of age or older
· Applicant Medical Form completed by Physician
· First Aid Certification within 2 months of initial contract
· One sample month of Menu and Activity Plans
Throughout a series of visits, Childcare Educators will be familiarized with the practices and Standards required in Licensed Family Day Homes. Early Childhood Consultants will work with Educators to integrate these Standards into their Programs.
To review the Alberta Certification Guide for prospective Day Home Educators, click this link.