Parents Have Questions, We Have Answers...
We are excited to offer childcare services to families looking for a family day home in the Tri-County area
(Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Parkland County) and the surrounding communities in Ste Anne County.
Families searching for a day home may submit an Application for Childcare…here.
How Does Parkland Family Dayhome Agency Support our Families?
· We facilitate the selection of a suitable Childcare Educator
· We coordinate back-up care (if possible) when your Childcare Educator is unavailable
· We regularly monitor each childcare environment
· We implement AHS COVID-19 recommended protocols in childcare, read here
· We are available to discuss your child’s care needs and development
· We administer the Childcare Subsidy Program on behalf of qualifying parents
· We offer Child Care Respite, a short-term child care support service
· We offer the Ages and Stages Screening Program for preschool children, read here
· We issue official receipts for income tax purposes
How Do I Register My Child With Parkland Day Home Agency?
· Start with a Request for Childcare form, found here
· Apply for Childcare Subsidy, if applicable, apply here
· Contact and interview potential Childcare Educators
· Choose your Childcare Educator and sign a Parent/Educator Agreement
· Review and sign the Parent/Agency Agreement
· Submit all completed paperwork to the Agency office
· Make payment arrangements with the Agency
· Begin Care!
An advantage to placing your child in care with a licensed Day Home Agency is the potential for utilizing back-up* care should your Childcare Educator become unavailable. The Agency can connect with other approved Educators on your behalf and assist with placement at an alternate day home.
*It is the responsibility of the parent to notify the Agency if there is a need for temporary back-up care.
A Back-up Information form must be completed and signed by the parent before care begins. This form will accompany your child to the back-up day home.
Early Childhood Consultants conduct scheduled and unscheduled visits to Childcare Educator homes in accordance with Agency policy and Provincial Standards.
Should you have questions about your child’s development or care received, please contact the Agency office.
Resources to Assist with Your Selection of a Childcare Educator
Choosing Childcare - Telephone Interview Planner
You can use this planner to help organize your questions and record information from your interview with child care programs. You may wish to make additional copies of this planner.
Choosing Childcare - Child Care Checklist
This checklist will help you to look for important indicators of quality child care. Space is provided for you to note your observations when deciding which child care program is best for your family.
Choosing Childcare - Why Choose an Agency Day Home?
What are the benefits to choosing an Agency regulated Family Day Home?
Choosing Childcare - Selecting a Day Home Educator
Choosing the right Childcare Educator for your children is one of the most important decisions you will make.