Welcome to Parkland Family Dayhome Agency
Parkland Family Dayhome Agency Ltd was established in 1983 to serve families of young children in the communities of Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Parkland County, Morinville, Lac. Ste. Anne Country including: Onoway, Alberta Beach, Darwell, Gunn, Rich Valley and Sandy Beach.
Today, more than 38 years later, we remain committed to providing quality care for children. With the help of dedicated Early Childcare Educators, we will continue to meet this goal one child at a time.
We trust that your association with our Agency will be both enjoyable and rewarding as we endeavour to maintain a positive influence on the children in our community.
For more information about our services or to contact an Early Childhood Consultant to assist you with choosing a day home, please contact us.
What is a Licensed Family Day Home?
Licensed Family Dayhomes are committed to meeting all Government Standards required in a regulated Childcare Program. Our focus is on ever-improving practices.
Screening Childcare Educators and Their Families Include:
- RCMP Criminal Record Checks
- Child and Youth Intervention Record Checks (required for Childcare Professionals associated with our Approved Family Day Home Program)
- Three satisfactory references
- Two in-person visits to the day home
- Monitoring: “We are the eyes in the home when you are not there”
- Low caregiver-to-child ratios. Maximum of:
- 2 children under 2 years old
- 3 children under 3 years old
- 6 children under 13 years old
- Activities and experiences are adapted to ensure children with diverse capabilities can participate at levels where they feel confident
- Program planning meets children’s developmental domains: social, physical, intellectual, creative, emotional, literacy, dramatic play, nature play, gross and fine motor skill activities and outdoor play experiences
- Work in partnership with families to incorporate their experiences and cultural backgrounds into their Family Day Home program