Welcome To Parkland Family Dayhome Agency!
Parkland Family Dayhome Agency Ltd was established in 1983 to serve families of young children in the communities of Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Morinville, Lac. Ste. Anne Country including: Onoway, Alberta Beach, Darwell, Rich Valley and Sandy Beach, and Parkland County.
Today, more than 30 years later, we remain committed to providing quality care for children. With the help of dedicated Providers, we will continue to meet this goal one child at a time.
We trust that your association with our Agency will be both enjoyable and rewarding as we endeavor to maintain a positive influence on the children in our community.
For more information about our services or to contact a specialist to assist you with finding a dayhome please contact us.
What is an Accredited Day Home?
Accredited Family Dayhomes are committed to exceeding minimum Government Standards required in a Childcare Program. Our focus is on ever-improving practices.
Pre-screening of Dayhome Providers and their families including:
- RCMP Criminal Record Checks
- Child and Youth Intervention Record Checks (Exclusive to Childcare Professionals associated with an Approved Family Day Home Program)
- Monitoring of Dayhomes. “We are the eyes in the home when you are not there”
- Low Caregiver-to-child ratios. Maximum of:
- 2 children under 2 years old
- 3 children under 3 years old
- 6 children under 13 years old
- Activities and experiences are adapted to ensure children with diverse capabilities can participate at levels where they feel confident
- Program planning meets children’s developmental domains: social, physical, intellectual, creative, emotional, literacy, dramatic play, nature play, gross and fine motor skills and outdoor play
- Working in partnership with families to incorporate their experiences and cultural backgrounds into their Family Day Home